Father's Day Snack: Spicy Snack Mix
We made breakfast for mom on Mother's Day, let's make dad a snack to munch on while watching baseball! Dad in this house loves spicy and crunchy, so this snack mix is a winner. Jar it up for Grandpa too! You can customize the mix to include items you love, we've changed this recipe over time as well.
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Tony Chachere's (or seasoned salt) - Smile Link
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce (we used Yellowbird Habanero sauce)
- 3 cups Corn Chex - Smile Link
- 3 cups Rice Chex - Smile Link
- 2 cups pretzels - Smile Link
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup nuts (we used dry roasted peanuts)
- 2 cups cheese crackers
Purchasing with Amazon Smile enables The AmazonSmile Foundation to donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to a charity of your choice.
Heat oven to 250 Melt butter Remove from heat and mix in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and hot sauce
Pour all of the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl
Mix them all up
Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and mix it well
Split the snack mix between 2 lined sheet pans Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
Jar it up and give it to Dad!