Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
- "How to feed a family" Book (Optional) - Smile Link
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (or butter alternative if you are casein-free)
- 4 slices bread (we used the beloved Whole Foods sourdough, but feel free to use a gluten-free bread)
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree (you can also use pureed sweet potato or carrots)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk (you can use an alternative milk to make this casein-free)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- a sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup for serving
Purchasing with Amazon Smile enables The AmazonSmile Foundation to donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to a charity of your choice.
Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cut each slice of bread into 4 lengthwise sticks.
Toss all your ingredients in a bowl and whisk away. If you can, let the kiddos crack the eggs and whisk it up.
Soak the bread sticks in the egg mixture, making sure to soak both sides. Working in batches, place egg-soaked bread into the pan and cook. It’ll take about 3 minutes for the first side and 2 minutes for the second side to cook through. If your pan seems dry, add additional butter to the pan before frying another batch of French toast.
I served up the sticks with a small bowl of maple syrup for dipping. Success!