Autism Volunteer Opportunites
At Project Autism, we value every volunteer hour provided to us. As a nonprofit organization, we strive to be the best steward of our dollars and our volunteer program is just one part of doing so.
We have a variety of options available for those looking to volunteer, from typing to attending community events. Schedules are flexible as we know that our volunteers may have full-time jobs, families and other things to do on a daily basis.
Currently, we host volunteer orientations every other month for those that are interested in joining the Project Autism Volunteer Team. The orientation is required for all volunteers. For information on upcoming dates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications for volunteering include:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable making calls to local businesses, organizations, and/or medical personnel
- Friendly outgoing personality, sense of humor
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Minimum age requirement of 18, those under 18 must volunteer with parent or legal guardian
- Utilize current contacts and develop new contacts to increase awareness about Project Autism
- Examine new potential avenues to increase funding of Project Autism and its services.
- Assist in implementing the coordinated fundraising strategy
- Attend monthly meetings; attendance of minimum of 6 meetings per year required
- Brainstorm potential fundraising ideas, including business donations, grant applications and events
- The use of Microsoft Office programs to create materials
- Making calls to local businesses, organizations and/or medical personnel
- Putting packets together to provide information to local businesses, organizations and/or medical personnel
- Filing documents, typing and other basic computer skills
- Researching resources and events in the greater- Houston area